SAP's ERP solution includes several modules that support key functional areas -
some of them are -
SAP ERP Financials
SAP ERP provides a comprehensive financial management solution for the most complex businesses across a broad range of industries. SAP ERP financials include:
- Financial Accounting (FI) module: FI collects all the data in company relevant to accounting, providing complete documentation and comprehensive information, and is at the same an up-to-the-minute basis for enterprise-wide control and planning.
- Controlling (CO) module: CO is a complete array of compatible planning and control instruments for company-wide controlling systems, with a uniform reporting system for coordinating the contents and procedures of company's internal processes.
- Investment Management (IM) module: IM offers integrated management and processing of investment measures and projects from planning to settlement, including pre-investment analysis and depreciation simulation.
- Treasury (TR) module: TR is a complete solution for efficient financial management that ensures the liquidity of worldwide company, its structures, financial assets, profitability and minimizes risks.
- Enterprise Controlling (EC) module: EC continuously monitors company's success factors and performance indicators on the basis of specially prepared management information.
SAP ERP Logistics:
Logistics comprises all processes involved in purchasing, materials management, manufacturing, warehousing, quality management, plant maintenance, service management and sales and distribution. It includes:
- Sales & Distribution (SD): SD actively supports sales and distribution activities with outstanding functions for pricing, prompt order processing, and on-time delivery, interactive variant configuration, and a direct interface to profitability analysis and production.
- Production Planning and Control (PP): PP provides comprehensive process for all types of manufacturing: from repetitive, make-to-order, and assemble-to- order production, through process, lot and make-to-stock manufacturing, to integrated supply chain management with functions.
- Project System (PS): PS coordinates and controls all phases of a project, in direct cooperation with Purchasing and Controlling, from quotation to design and approval, to resource management and cost settlement.
- Materials Management (MM): MM optimizes all purchasing processes with workflow-driven processing functions, enables automated supplier
- evaluation, lowers procurement and warehousing costs with accurate inventory and warehouse management, and integrates invoice verification.
- Quality Management (QM): QM monitors, captures, and manages all processes relevant to quality assurance along the entire supply chain, coordinates inspection processing, initiate’s corrective measures, and integrates laboratory information systems.
- Plant Maintenance (PM): PM provides planning, control, and processing of scheduled maintenance, inspection, damage-related maintenance, and service management to ensure availability of operational systems, including plants and equipment delivered to customers.
- Service Management (SM): SM provides highly integrated customer service functionality to compete in today's global markets.
- Product Data Management (PDM): PDM supports in creating and managing product data throughout the product life cycle.
SAP ERP Human Resource Management:
HR provides solutions planning and managing company's human resources, using integrated applications that cover all personnel management tasks and help simplify and speed the process. SAP ERP HR includes:
- Personnel Management (PM): PM is a complete solution for personnel administration, recruitment management, travel management, benefits administration and salary administration.
- Organizational Management (OM): OM assists in maintaining an accurate picture of organization's structure, no matter how fast it changes. It is systematic and forward planning tool that considers the final affects of all personnel events thus its complete solution for personnel cost planning.
- Payroll Accounting (PA): PA addresses payroll functions from a global point-of-view and gives the capability to centralize payroll processing or decentralize the data based on country or legal entities.
- Time Management (TM): TM is integrated with payroll accounting, controlling, production planning, plant maintenance, project system, external services and shift planning. It provides with a range of standard reports that will assist in tracking and analyzing employee time with completeness and accuracy.
- Personnel Development (PD): PD assists with planning, monitoring, and analyzing scheduled seminars, training courses, and business events, registration and booking, price determination and invoicing.
To get additional details about SAP ERP and to embark on an SAP based career, be sure to check out our free (counseling link) at Blue Ocean Systems (BOS) www.bos.com.np. BOS is the only authorized SAP training center in Nepal.